REVIVAL? WHO ARE WE KIDDING?
A lot of people have been talking about how much a Revival in the church is needed. I couldn’t agree more but think it is next to impossible, if not impossible.There are many reasons I think it is impossible since the church is so far removed from the precepts of the 1st Century Church. For example :
- The True Church is the Body of Christ, not the bride of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:27
- It was to be built upon the foundation of Paul, not the 4 Gospels, 1 Cor. 3:10-12
- Jesus was born, came into existence, as a descendant of David, Mt. 1:1
- He did not preexist his birth or live before he was born, not reincarnated Mt. 1:18
- God is not in control of the world, Satan is, 2 Cor. 4:4, Lk. 4:6
- the Holy Spirit is not something separate from God, but is God; Ps. 99:9, Jn. 4:24,
- God is the Holy Spirit while the devil is the unholy spirit
- the dead in Christ are dead, along with every other person who has lived and died, 1 Thess. 4:16, Job 14:12, Ps. 13:3, Acts 13:36, 1 Cor. 11:30
- water baptism serves no purpose other than an “emotional” high and was replaced by “spirit” baptism, Acts 1:8, 11:16
- The Secret, as revealed to Paul by the ascended Christ, is all but unknown to the church, let alone understood, Eph. 3:1-9, Ro. 16:25,26, Col. 1:25-29
- Jesus, before his ascension, was limited in knowledge, Mt. 16:28, 24:36, Mk. 9:1, 13:32, Lk. 9:27
- there is nothing written in the 4 Gospels about the Rapture, it is part of the Secret, first revealed to Paul, 2 Thess. 2:1-3
- what is written in the gospels that the church thinks is about the Rapture, is in reality the 2nd coming of Christ, when the Church comes with him to the earth, 2 Thess. 1:7b-10
- this is when Jesus returns as King of kings and Lord of lords, Rev 17:14, 19:16
- the Kingdom of God, when His Son Jesus will be King, will be set up after the battle of Armagedon, in Israel, for 1,000 years,
- the Kingdom of God and of His Son is still in the future, not on the earth today
- the 9 manifestations of the Spirit (miscalled gifts) are to be in operation in every church, all the time, that the Church may be edified, 1 Cor. 14:5,12,26
- the “equipping” ministries are to be in operation in the church for its edifying also, Eph. 4:12,16,29
- the Temple is the entire Body of Christ, not the individual, the individual is the tabernacle, 2 Cor. 5:1-4
These are but a few of the the things that today’s church have been mislead to believe or not to believe. How can there possibly any profitable revival when so much error is being practiced in the church? The word revival begins with “re” meaning to do again, do over. Here are a few definitions of revival:
- The act of reviving, or the state of being revived.
- Renewed attention to something, as to letters or literature.
- Renewed performance of, or interest in, something, as the drama and literature.
- Renewed interest in religion, after indifference and decline; a period of religious awakening; special religious interest.
The Church of the Body of Christ definitely needs a “do-over,” I will agree. But how many are willing to throw away 1700 years of error, steeped in tradition to do so? Our only hope is the gathering together of the saints, when Christ will settle it all at the Bema, where those who built upon the foundation Paul laid will be rewarded and those who did not will suffer loss. 1 Cor. 3
(see more on this subject at https://fredSwolfe.com)